Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wrapping Up

I am all graduated now! What a year. It flew by. New school. new job. new friends. new life. Penn GSE! How spectacular. I can't believe it is coming to a close. I am sure I will go into shock when I finally realize that I am done! It is crazy! Graduation was fun! And emotional. It is so strange to graduate with your master's!

My family came from California to see me graduate! They were here for a few days. We saw the Liberty Bell, South Street, the art museum, and fabric row (my mom loves fabrics!). We ate at Mid-town Continental and Ralph's Italian, two of Philadelphia's greatest restaurants. For one of my brothers, it was his first time  in Philadelphia. My mom loved it! When they got out of the car at the airport and said their goodbyes, I could hardly believe it. As soon as they left, I teared up a little bit - well, maybe more than I care to admit. I miss them so much!

The job search has been a wonderful adventure! I have traveled far and wide to find the right fit. In some ways, it is like applying to colleges all over again! Everything is in place for my next chapter and I am very, very excited!

Thank you for reading my posts this year. I will be around until mid-June. Feel free to reach out if you need anything at rbenson@gse.upenn.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment